Wednesday 9 January 2019

5 Habits That May Or Make Your Acne Worse


Hello sunshines! 
This time I want to talk about my previous experience that related to this entry. Two years ago, I had suffered from acne problem; I started my last year in high school, struggled with school things; to get good grades for SPM which is very important to every Malaysian students; "determinant of the future" (ppl said), struggled with family problem, my life back then was miserable and sucks, and all that stress exploded in my face.

At the beginning there were days that I didn't want to leave my house, I didn't feel beautiful, I felt uncomfortable with my skin. With time I accepted it, I had good days where it was barely noticeable, but other days were horrible for me. So, I had been doing some research about how to get rid of acne. Now, I am discovering some habits that cause acne worse.

1. Your toothpaste could ruin everything
Don't ever put toothpaste on your face especially all over your face. However, this tip had recommended by people to reduce an acne and some people give a positive review about it. But this is a big no no for me. From my previous experience, my skin got more sensitive, irritated and then my acne getting worse. Toothpaste containing baking soda,hydrogen peroxide, fluoride, alcohol, essential oils and menthol could affect your skin, causing irritation, dryness and even burn it.

2. When was the last time you changed the pillow case?
Alright! changing the pillow case regularly really changing my life. I have this habit since I had discovered why my face gets more acne. The body's natural fat and the products we use during the day can accumulate in our pillowcase. Showering at night helps prevent skin infections, but ideally change the pillow case at least once a week.

3. Don't wash your face too much
When your skin gets super oily, it's tempting to wash your face a lot. But this will only dry out your face and trigger your skin to produce even more oil. If you really need to get rid of some oil, blot your face with napkins or blotting paper.

4. Stop touching your face!
Absolutely face-touching can lead to breakouts. Acne is caused by the confluence three factors: excess oil, excess skin shedding and bacteria/germs. Our hands come in contact with millions of germs via smartphones, doorknobs, shoelaces, and more. Don't let these germs make it to your face, as this can lead to an unwanted acne breakout. Also, touching your face can leads to picking, which leads to scarring.

5. Stop trusting in makeup remover wipes
Using makeup remover wipes is practical, but your cleaning does not end here: you should wash your face with a special soap for your skin type to remove impurities. Also, if possible, clean your makeup brushes and sponges each time you use them.

That's all for today and I really hope I have helped you :)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...